Friday, March 6, 2009

Five Weeks and Counting...

So, I know that I have mentioned on several occasions that I am not "loving" being pregnant. I love the idea, but not the actual day to day stuff. Well, that was then...now I am beginning to see how much I should have "LOVED" being pregnant! I really should have taken advantage of the first 8 months because this is miserable!! Here's my recent list of ailments:

-swollen ankles (not too bad but enough to make my feet hurt)
-indigestion (not that this is really all that new--but it has managed to worsen!)
-constant aches at the top of my stomach (thanks to Kaleb having positioned himself correctly--head down-- so soon!)
-what has to be knives stabbing both sides of the bottom of my stomach.
-constant pressure on my bladder (causing a few "near" accidents!)
-constant aches in my lower back
-the continuous urge to pee--even when there is no pee!!
-this really aweful pain when I stand up--like something is cutting me in half.
-constant exhaustion-even when I get 12 hours of sleep!
-the beginnings of Braxton Hicks contractions--not bad and not too often!
-one eye twitch--yeah--just the right one!

---hmm...apparently I am finally experiencing pregnancy pains!

The good news is I know that all of this means that Kaleb is on his way to making his appearance.
The bad news is I still (should) have a ways to go! Five weeks doesn't seem like a long time. And in the grand scheme of things, it's not. But when you are talking to a pregnant woman--it's an ETERNITY!! I can't imagine how time will continue to slow over the next few weeks!

I am really really really ready for him to be here! Kevin got his dresser put together earlier this week, so he now has clothes folded and organized! For such a tiny person, he takes up more dresser drawers than Kevin, and I have only put newborn-3 months up! He still has a closet full of clothes that he won't be able to fit into for a few months! But our house finally feels like a baby is coming!! I walk into our room each afternoon and just wish that it was him actually in the bassinet instead of his rabbit and come home outfit!

Because of our birthing class, Kevin is starting to pay more attention to things that are happening and trying to not be paranoid!! Anytime I am cleaning or straightening, he is afraid I'm "nesting" and that means the baby is only days away!!! He is too cute! I think he is secretly hoping that my "nesting" will be longer than most and that it will lead to me taking back over the cooking! He is getting tired of cooking every evening, I am getting tired of waiting for dinner to get ready, so we have eaten out a good bit more than usual!!

But, this is all ok--only 5 weeks left...

3 comments:

  1. You have an eye twitch and you're being sawed in half! That is awesome! I'm starting to take bets on whether this baby will have horns and fangs...just like his momma did!

    Sorry you're into the miserable phase. Rachel says that it happens like that so that the mom will be good and ready for the baby to arrive (as if you needed any help!) So maybe you've been miserable the whole time because you had a lot of getting ready to do!

    I gotta say, I'm starting to get really excited about being an uncle - especially the cool uncle with the cool older cousins (sorry Adam...you can be the weird uncle that everyone's a little suspicious of)

    So hurry up and cook that baby and spit him out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry, there's more fun on the way:)
    I'm just glad you've only just begun to experience a lot of these "ailments". And in just a few short weeks (short for the rest of us anyway) Kaleb will make his entrance and you will have a whole new set of "are you kiddin me-s". Hang in there sweetie! It really does get better! love you, me

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Tif, the end is SO miserable. Like Bret said, I think it's part of God's plan. You get to the point that you'll take a few hours of infinitely worse pain to make the months of everyday pain stop!

    The day before Joey was born I was done being pregnant. I mean DONE. I couldn't stand to even wait three more days until I was scheduled to be induced. I spent that Saturday, March the 7th "running" laps around our couches and encouraging Micah to make big messes so that I could do lots of bending and standing to pick them up. It worked...my water broke in the wee hours of the next morning!

    Don't fill up those closets and drawers yet. I've still got boxes and boxes of more clothes for you. I'm kicking myself for not sending them with your mom the other day. (The 3-6 month, anway. I'm sure you probably won't need the other ones until after you move...) And burpies -- there's a whole drawer of burpies and tiny bibs we're not using anymore.

    Kaleb Cousin Cheeto, we can' wait to meet you! :) (And for your mom to eventually feel better...)

    ReplyDelete