Friday, January 30, 2009

Tiffany, Mommy, Wells, Strong...

I was recently tagged in one of those 'tell 25 things about yourself' things on facebook. As I walked to work this morning, I began thinking about whether or not I was going to respond, and if so, what was I going to say. Of course, like any good expectant mother, my first thought was #1 I am going to be a mommy in two months. This thought then lead to a complete other train of thoughts. No longer was I contemplating the other 24 things about myself, but instead thinking about the fact that I automatically went to being a mommy as the first thing about myself.

Now, I definitely have to give my parents credit for teaching me to be a strong independent person that doesn't rely solely on a label to define myself. I did not, like a lot of first time parents, freak out at the thought of "losing" my identity and becoming 'Kaleb's Mom'. No longer will my name be Tiffany. But, I feel like I am ok with this.

As I continued to ponder these thoughts, it donned on me that I really was lucky. I know that I said I had to give my parents credit...but I hadn't really realized just how much credit, nor just how lucky I was to be ok with this identity loss. Because I realized that not only am I soon to lose my first name, but it was only a short eight months ago that I lost my last name. I do have to admit that I did have a slight cry session over the changing of my last name. However, again, it wasn't because I was losing some part of myself or my identity, but because it took so long to get Wells as my official last name, I wasn't sure that I was ready to part with it just yet. But I did, and am completely fine with it!

So, thank you Mom and Dad for giving me the strength to be totally ok with going from Tiffany Wells to Tiffany Strong, and then just 10 months later from Tiffany to Mommy. I am so glad to so easily make this transition, and even happier to post my #1 as being an expectant Mommy.

(I guess now I should start working on #2-25!)

3 comments:

  1. I agree, super sweet - I think I had a little more trouble with both transitions.

    But, of course now that he's here, I wouldn't trade being Jax's mom for anything in the world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Totally should have had a "cry warning" on this one! We love you and are so very proud of you! muuuahhhh!

    ReplyDelete