Monday, January 26, 2009

Oh Kevin...

Last night, after completing my blog, I was proudly announcing to Kevin its completion and the fact that I already had comments. He politely listened and then asked, "what is your blog about?" I explained that it wasn't really about anything specific...just thoughts, the baby, being pregnant...etc. His only response was, "oh, so it's not about me?" I kind of giggled and said that I might post about him some, it just depended, but that I wasn't using the blog to complain about him. Which of course made me want to post about him!! So, here you go sweetie, a post about you!

With all of the complaining that I have done about being pregnant, the one thing I will never be able to say is that I had a husband that didn't understand or help me out. A lot of pregnant women complain about having to be pregnant and still do everything for their husbands as well. This I can never say. If anything, I could complain that he doesn't let me do anything at all. He cooks dinner, he goes grocery shopping, he does the dishes, he UNLOADS the dishwasher, he makes my lunch...I could go on and on and on. Last night I was unloading the dishwasher and he actually got irritated at me. He, quite sternly, informed me that he could do that and that I should just go sit down. Later, I was reading in my day by day journal and told him that it said this month I should really get a lot of protein. Even though he was watching tv, and I really thought I was talking to myself, he stopped-looked over and said, "hmmm protein...we'll have to make sure that you are eating a lot of meat this month." Then he went back to the tv. I know that this may sound like he was just saying something to patronize me and get back to his tv show. However, I know that for the rest of the week, we will be having very protein rich meals, and he will be making suggestions as to what I should eat for a snack that would be high in protein!

Now, I know that many of you are thinking, oh this will change. She won't be this lucky next time. Well, we'll see. I have faith in my husband and know that this is the only way he knows how to help me right now. I know that this sounds kind of backwards, but I cannot wait to actually have the baby and be able to repay him for all that he is doing for me right now.

So, there's my post for you sweetie. I love you and thank you!

2 comments:

  1. Yay Kevin! He is such a sweetie! He does go above and beyond to spoil you! We are so blessed.
    Oh wow, get ready for a whole cow on your plate tonight :)
    Love you bunches and bunches, em

    ReplyDelete
  2. Watch out...Bret may show up to eat, too!

    ReplyDelete