Friday, May 1, 2009

YAY me!

Well, I did it! After nearly five weeks of being a mother, we (me and Kaleb only) finally made a day full of errands alone! I have been EXTREMELY blessed to have Mom around to help out, and since I could not drive, to drive me places during the day while Kevin's at work. I decided though, that it had been long enough and if I put the carseat in the car, then carried him out to the car, and just carried him into places, (I am still not supposed to lift anything other than him) then I could do it on my own! And I did!

I managed to get me a shower, Kaleb a bath, Kaleb fed and both of us dressed, waited while the air conditioner man fixed out leak, packed the diaper bag and out the door we went! We went to the bookstore for a short visit, went by the bank and met Aunt Kelly for lunch! All between feeding times--well, we ended up feeding him in Kelly's car instead of going on home--we still had things to talk about!! And, we made it home just as Kevin came in from work! Yay me!!

I did have one more errand to run, so Kevin made it with me. I needed to get fitted for the bridesmaid dress for Kelly's wedding. I only mention it because we got out of the car and I started inside and noticed that Kevin was following me. I looked at him and he quickly said, "Oh right-the baby!"

Not only was today a yay me day because of errand running sans Gammie, but I also made another BIG step in being a Mommy. Kaleb had just gotten calm and comfortable on Kevin's tummy when we decided we needed to go and get something to eat because we had nothing at the house for dinner. Kevin suggested that I run to McDonalds while he stayed at home with Kaleb...what? Why couldn't he run to get the food and I stay at home with MY baby? Or, why couldn't we all go? I know...it made more sense for me to go. They were SO comfy and Kaleb had already been in and out of his car seat a lot. So, I did it. It was only 10 minutes, but it seemed like 10 hours. But, I left the house without Kaleb. I left him alone with Kevin...not sure which one was worse! But, I got back home and all was the same. They hadn't even moved. Yay me!

1 comment: