Monday, May 4, 2009

He IS my child!!!

After Kaleb's morning and afternoon feeding he usually likes to lay in the floor and play (or watch tv). I usually start off letting him kind of zone out for a few minutes (much like Kevin does after eating!) while I pick stuff up or get out the toys we are going to be playing with. The other day we were having "zone out" time like normal when I heard him screaming at the top of his lungs. This wasn't his 'i lost my pacifier' or 'i am ready for you now mom' or even his 'i want to be rolled over' scream. This was more of an 'i am REALLY hurt' scream. I rushed over to him to find this-



He was screaming because his hair was being pulled. Unfortunately, there was no other culprit than himself! After pulling his hand out of his hair (he immediately stopped screaming) I began to watch him. He would start by playing with his hair which then would lead to him closing his fist, which would lead to him pulling, and thus screaming!! What can I say-I passed along the 'play with you hair' gene, just not the accompanying 'don't pull your own hair' gene! With so much of his personality being like Kevin, it is nice to know that he IS my child too!

2 comments:

  1. Funny stuff! I guess none of my guys ever had enough hair for their finger to get stuck in it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. your kid would lay there and pull his own hair...I hope that isn't an indication that he received your common sense gene!

    funny stuff!

    ReplyDelete