Thursday, May 28, 2009

Happy 2 Months!!

First--pretend as though I am writing this on Wednesday night and not Thursday morning...

Kaleb is 2 months old!! We had our 2 month checkup today! I am happy to report that Kaleb is VERY healthy. He weighs a whopping 12 lbs 7 oz--which puts him the 75th percentile--and is 24 in long--which puts him in the 90th percentile!! Needless to say, Kevin was very proud!! But, along with measurements, the 2 month checkup means shots...:( Kaleb, although he screamed the worst scream I've ever heard, took them like a champ. About one minute of screaming, then sound asleep!

So what have we learned in our first two months?

*sleep is highly over rated
*Daddy's are good with smiles, bad with screams
*work is highly over rated (do we really need two incomes?)
*Even better than seeing your baby smile for the first time is seeing your husbands face when he smiles at his for the first time!
*ALWAYS approach the diaper "side peek" with caution
*Sometimes, you just have to let them cry
*Things that used to be such high priorities, just aren't anymore. (showering, brushing your teeth, eating...)

I promise to get better at blogging soon. I know that I have been slacking! Between going back to work and getting our house and being at Mom's with her SLOW connection, it just hasn't been working...I will get better!!

2 comments: