Friday, February 27, 2009

Happy Birthday Rachel!

So, today is my sister-in-law's birthday. I don't think she would mind me announcing that she is turning the big 3-0! So, to rephrase what she told me on my 25th birthday (you're now closer to 30 than you'll ever be to 20)- You are now closer to 40 than you'll ever be to twenty!!

But really--Happy Birthday! Your birthday made me start thinking about the five years I have left until 30. I remember, when we were in elementary school, making the lists of what we wanted to accomplish by the time we were a certain age. I don't remember what I wrote on any of these (although I may have one buried in the top of my closet somewhere...), but I remember them always being soooo ambitious. You know, the third grader who thought they were going to be the President by the time they were 20--because 20 was really old! Or the kid who was going to have cured all the world's diseases by the time they were 30. I do know that I was the kid that wanted to be married and have my family completed by the time I was whatever age we were dealing with. So, I decided to make my list of things I want to have completed by the time I am 30.

So, here goes!

By the time I am 30 I want to:
1. Be finishing up with my third and last pregnancy.

2. Either be starting to build a house, or have moved back into town and bought a house.

3. Have all of my student loans paid off! (I am halfway there)

4. Have a new car! (hopefully this happens well before 30!)

5. Have found a way to be a stay at home Mom.

--Wow-- I really thougth I would have a lot more. So, does this speak to my life being pretty much fulfilled or a lack of ambitions? I really think it's simply that my life is pretty great! I have a GREAT husband, have already started our family, am through with my education, have a pretty good job, and great friendships.

I am definitely going with the fulfilled life!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I feel so incredibly honored -- in spite of the lengths you've gone to point out just how old 30 is! :) You're a sweetie.

    What great goals, not much different than mine -- and yes, I'm gonna have to go with the "fulfilled life" as well. (Except for the house thing, and my loans aren't quite paid off yet...)

    You might want to re-think the new car thing though. If you're wanting three in five-ish years, you'll never believe how good a mini van will start looking! :) SUVs have their perks, but you just can't beat those sliding mini-van doors!

    Thanks, and I hope your day today is as wonderful as you're hoping.

    ReplyDelete