Monday, November 9, 2009

The Strike is over...

Well, I finally have a house free of piles of laundry. Did Kevin finally run out of clean clothes and catch on?? NO! Did I give in? Absolutely not!! Did Dad cave and tell him? Of course.

Yesterday morning I walked into our room to find none other than the clothes that were actually in the laundry hamper, in the floor. It seems that Kevin had no clean clothes and needed something that wasn't "as dirty". So, he opted for a pair of shorts from the bottom of the hamper. So, Dad gave in and sent him a text message stating that if he would put his clothes into the hamper, they would get washed. To which Kevin responded something to the point of, 'obviously not because I am wearing dirty clothes from the hamper'. I wanted to kill him. Now, on top of everything else, he is implying that I don't do any laundry ever... URGHHH!

He called a little while later, trying to be funny about the situation, and failed. I didn't see the humor in his ignorance. Especially not while Kaleb was screaming in my ear!

Finally, I made the point that I do laundry when the hamper gets full, so if he had been putting all of his dirty clothes into the hamper throughout the week, more of his clothes would have been clean. I still don't think he fully understands, but he did come in from work and start a load of laundry, put away what was in the laundry room, hang up what was in the dryer, put all of his clothes into the hamper and start a new load. So, at least for one day, there are no dirty clothes piles in my house. Sweet Victory may you last...

No comments:

Post a Comment