Saturday, November 14, 2009

Pickles

I have grown up being a not too picky eater. I do have some weird food issues, (white stuff-mayo, sour cream, alfredo sauce...) but nothing compared to Mom and Adam. They won't eat rice or pasta. (two of my staples!) And for Adam, growing up the list was even longer. I can remember dinners where Mom made two meals--one for Dad, Bret and I, and one for her and Adam. I always swore not to do this.

But, of course, as a mother, if your child just doesn't like something you are going to feel bad and let them slide. Kevin, on the other hand, has made it VERY clear that our kids will eat what is put in front of them, or they will eat nothing at all.

Well, I do not think we will be worrying about any of this with Kaleb. So far, he will eat anything and everything you put in front of him!! He is a total Veggie Kid! I guess that's a good thing! One of his absolute favorites are pickles...I know...a 7 month old that likes the sourness of pickles? He has actually been loving them for a while now. It's soooo weird!


Oh Kaleb, I love how much you love to eat...I hope you stay this easy!!

3 comments:

  1. You have to smile all over again when you see his sweet smile! I love it! muah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What cute pictures! Can't wait to see you guys! I apologize already for what I'm sure the wellsbrothers will be teaching your poor, sweet, innocent (for a few more days anyway) baby...

    And yes, I to have slid a little in my "we will all eat the same meal or eat nothing at all" ideas -- if we're having something that someone really, genuinely, consistently doesn't like (Conner and potatoes or Joey and sandwiches), the other choice is peanut butter crackers or a bowl of cereal. Somewhere between the hard rule and two meals is what works for us! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love these pictures! they are so cute and hilarious!!
    -caroline

    ReplyDelete