Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Belly Buttons, Baths and Poop...Oh My!

Tuesday morning, while changing Kaleb's diaper, I noticed something looked different. Then I realized that it was the lack of umbilical nastiness! Kaleb finally has a belly button!!



Because of this, we finally got to get a big boy bath! He had just eaten, and thus was on his way to unconciousness, so I was afraid that he would not enjoy the bath. Boy was I wrong! He LOVED it! This is definitely his mellow spot. (I could have used this information the night before!)


(Sorry for the shots of the "private parts". I am not as good as Rachel with the photo editing!)


Here are some cute shots from Kaleb's first bath!






Later that afternoon I was changing Kaleb's diaper and dressing him to go out to dinner. After filling one diaper, getting a clean one on, filling that diaper, getting a clean one -and halfway through- beginning to fill that one...I decided that we would wait before "closing" him up. You know, making sure his was finally through. Just when I thought the coast was clear, as I was holding his feet and preparing to finish putting on the clean diaper, I turned around to talk to Kelly, and it happened... I heard a bubbling and turned just in time to see a stream of poop fly through the air! It was like a fire hose...
This is where it landed!
This is how I responded...or well...laughed so hard I couldn't move...
And this is how Kevin responded...


Kevin's response was definitely more useful--although breastmilk poop stains carpet--he at least got it dried! Of course, the best part of his response was verbal. "Great. First I clean dog poop off the carpet, now I have to clean the kid's poop off the carpet. It's not the dog's that are going to cost us the pet deposit...it's him!"
Of course, the only thing that would have made this better would have been if Kelly had still been standing beside me/infront of him!
What a great day!! I really needed this after the previous night...
...ps-last night was back to normal!

3 comments:

  1. I love it! I have laughed so hard I'm crying!!! Thank you Kaleb for giving Mommy such great material!
    love ya bunches, me

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! Kevin's comment cracks me up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Belly buttons, belly buttons, we love belly buttons! :)

    ReplyDelete