Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Laundry Strike...

After a few months break, I am back!!! Oh how I have missed you blog!! I know that I need to post updated pics of Kaleb, but I am going to begin my re-blogging with an on going husband battle.

A week ago today I was doing laundry. By "doing laundry" I mean that I was running through the house after work trying to pick things up, sorting clothes and beginning what was sure to be the first of many unfinished loads of laundry--all before running over to Mom's to eat and get Kaleb. (This is after I had been at work from 7:30 to 6, prepared and hosted a meet and greet, ripped my pants from belt loop to crotch and made the 30 minute drive home.) I had a load started when I walked out of the bathroom and noticed another pile of clothes that needed to have been in that load. I quickly added them and went on about my business. Then it hit me. I just bought a new hamper and conveniently placed it in our bedroom, next to the door.




Why were Kevin's clothes in the floor instead of the hamper? I then devised a plan.

I am not going to wash anything that is not in the hamper.

It has now been a week. The following are pictures from today.


(foot of the bed)
(in front of entertainment center)

(beside Kevin's side of the bed)
All of these locations are within 10 steps of the laundry hamper.
Kevin still has not caught on. And it's not like I haven't done any laundry since last week. I have done plenty of laundry...(even his laundry that has made it to the hamper) He is about to run out of khaki shorts for work. I wonder if he'll notice then? I will keep you posted!

3 comments:

  1. hahahaha! Just don't be upset if he never catches on.
    p.s. welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! And he might catch on -- but if he does, he may be like Bret and not care, just throw the shorts in the dryer for 10 minutes with a dryer sheet and wear them dirty...who knows how many times... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is outstanding. I wish I had your resilience. I make it about 48 hours, say a few choice words when no one is listening, and pick up all the clothes.

    And I am super pumped that you are back to blogging.

    ReplyDelete